2. Collecting personal information Takingstock Health & Fitness will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what is provided voluntarily by a member or prospective member. We collect personal information primarily to enable us to provide members with our services. Takingstock Health & Fitness may also use the information for marketing to you or for any other purpose permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). You don’t need to identify yourself when you deal with us ( e.g. to find out more about packages) however in certain situations we will only deal with individuals who have identified themselves to us. When a membership or product is purchased personal information will be requested in order to provide the requested service or product, provide updated information, and advise of other Takingstock Health & Fitness products, which may be of interest. You are not obligated to provide personal information however failure to do so may result in Takingstock Health & Fitness being unable to provide services or products to you.
4. Use of tracking technologies Takingstock Health & Fitness may uses tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons to make use of the website and services as convenient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that a web site transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes. Web Beacon is a technical method that sends information related to the access to websites, when you browse websites, open or preview an HTML-formatted email. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user’s browser. These tracking technologies allow Takingstock Health & Fitness to monitor the Takingstock Health & Fitness web site, and to record how many people are using the different parts of the site. It is possible to set the browser to refuse tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons, however, this may limit the services provided by Takingstock Health & Fitness web site.
5. Using and disclosing your personal information Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose:
• To fulfil obligations under a member’s membership agreement and/or any other contract between him/her and Takingstock Health & Fitness;
• To render services under a member’s membership agreement;
• To provide information about products, service and/or special offers to members;
• To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services from members;
• To record statistical data for marketing analysis from members.
Takingstock Health & Fitness may employ other companies or service providers to assist us in providing our services, including (but not limited to) marketing, market research, mail-house services, hosting and product development services, analysis of member lists and/ or consulting services. These third parties may have access to personal information that is needed to perform their specific function. They cannot use that information for other purposes.
Takingstock Health & Fitness recognises the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of Takingstock Health & Fitness, or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
6. Contact by Takingstock Health & Fitness.
Takingstock Health & Fitness does not send advertising information without obtaining prior consent. If an individual receives communications from Takingstock Health & Fitness which they do not wish to receive, they may remove their name from the database by contacting Takingstock Health & Fitness at [email protected].
7. Individual’s right of access Individuals have the right to review, amend or delete personal and/or sensitive Information that may be recorded by Takingstock Health & Fitness. Information may be reviewed, amended or deleted by speaking with the owner on 042 561 3630. A request may be made to delete personal and/or sensitive information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Takingstock Health & Fitness being unable to sell products directly and/or provide certain services including after sales services.
8. Storage and security of personal and/or sensitive information Takingstock Health & Fitness takes all reasonable steps to keep secure personal information recorded and to keep this information accurate and up to date. The personal information is stored on secure servers if in digital format, or in locked areas if in hardcopy format: these repositories are protected in controlled facilities. In some cases these facilities may be in Amsterdam, England and the United States. Takingstock Health & Fitness employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal and/or sensitive information held by Takingstock Health & Fitness. Takingstock Health & Fitness only permits authorised personnel to access your information and information will only be disclosed to third parties where they have the appropriate authority. We destroy or de- identify personal information we no longer need, wherever possible.
9. Takingstock Health & Fitness and links to other web sites Takingstock Health & Fitness provides links to web sites outside of the Takingstock Health & Fitness site. These linked sites are not under the control of Takingstock Health & Fitness, and Takingstock Health & Fitness is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the Takingstock Health & Fitness web site, nor for the performance or otherwise of any content and/or software contained in such external websites.
10. Problems, queries or complaints;
If you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint to us, you can refer your complaint to the:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Phone 1300 363 992
Post GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Online Form: www.oaic.gov.au (Privacy Complaint Form).